View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 01:06 PM
Ascender

Personally, I think that keeping your body physically fit and healthy is more beneficial to the spiritual path than ignoring health and fitness.
Everything is connected, including your body, mind and spirit. When your body is healthier, your mind will be healthier, your spirit will also. Everything affects everything else. When your body is healthy, your mind is more clear, you are better able to focus, you can even breath better. This makes spiritual practices, such as meditation, yoga, even reading easier to accomplish.

Of course, everything should involve balance. It's not healthy to be obsessed to the point of ignoring other important things. But I see nothing wrong in wanting to look good and healthy. When you look better, you feel better, your vibration is higher, you accomplish more overall.
I think it's important to keep your motivations in check. Are you doing it for yourself or to impress others? There's nothing wrong with enjoying a little attention from the opposite sex (or same sex if that's your preference), but if you are concerned with impressing people, that indicates to me that there is a self-esteem issue going on.
If you are working out and eating healthy mainly for yourself, because you know it makes you feel better and improves your mind, as well as body, than it's all working together to optimize yourself and your life. That's the way to go, in my opinion.