Thread: Satchitananda
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Thanks for this great story necro, no wonder you are a Shaivite.
You are very welcome. Yes, it was almost destined to be this way...in a way.

I have had these experiences of Shiva all my life, up to the point of about 20 years ago, when I became disillusioned with mainstream Hinduism and the corruption of the old ways...and so I left it...forgot about it for 15 years.

Then 5 years ago, one day in December, I was looking up something about Heavy Metal music, on Youtube, when there was a 'recommendation for you'...it was a hymn to Bhairava Shiva called "Kalabhairavastakam"...now, I wasn't or had not been looking up anything Hindu related at all...I hadn't for years and I had used youtube a lot since then.

I thought I knew all of the Ashtakams and Shatakams by Shankaracharya...word perfect in fact...but this one, I had not heard before.

So I played it out of curiosity and it was the most sublime hymn I had ever heard! In my life!

Then I wondered why Shiva was showing me this and I got the message to 'check date significance'...it was December 12...it was Kalashtami - appearance day of Shiva Bhairava.

I was shocked! what a coincidence! what significance!

Yeah, so I understood Shiva was behind this...after so long, contact was made again...and He didn't disappoint. I heard that voice again; "I am still here waiting my love, tell me what you'd like me to do?"

I said "stop playing games! stop being the disembodied voice or the aloof snake-guy...show me your cosmic, Bhairava form".

It was like "okay then, whatever you wish" after which I became fully engulfed in light...falling to the floor and babbling like a baby....then everything became dark and I saw this huge abyss...I slipped into Shiva bliss again, but only for a brief moment" after that I heard the words "you may have left Hinduism, but I never left you".

I got straight back into fully worshiping Shiva after that.