View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Seeker
People don't change unless they want to.

While it's clear you care for them deeply enough to worry about their diets you'll get much more progress by being gentle with them. I'm a new vegan myself and wanted to be one for a long time. But what kept me was the attitude of the vegans I was running into. Being pushy, rude, and shoving information about animal cruelty only did more harm than good.

Not saying that you have been :) But it's something I hope most vegans keep in mind when they share their experiences with omnivores. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar after all!

I've been sharing tastes of my food with my family. I'm always excited when I find something new that I enjoy because I always felt healthy food would not taste as good. It's easier that way for me to get them on board. I also tell them how much better I feel now that I've dropped all the processed foods. Like Universal Vibe said, leading by example is the easiest and best bet.

Almost all cultures both past and present eat or ate meat. It's a part of humanity whether it's ethical/healthy or not. So it's a hard habit for some to break. By being kind and understanding of that it takes the edge off and helps people to open up more and do some soul searching as to why they're fighting making healthier changes. Just my thoughts. Good luck!!