Thread: Chronic pain
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Seeker
{{{HUGE HUGZ}}}
I was Diagnosed with Chronic Pain back in 1972 I believe. Course back in the 60's and early 70's Medical Professionals didn't question the "why" of such things. (yep All kinds of abuse going on ) Anyway here I am nearly 60 years old. I have already had bilateral knee and shoulder replacements ( hips are getting close) BEFORE any real help can be looked into for my spine. I have 100's of bone spurs all through my skeleton~ my first knee replacement (6 years ago) my surgeon told me the morning after my surgery that he found a bone spur the size of his pinkie finger and Never in all his career had he seen one even close to that size. I also have a seizure disorder from many untreated concussions and skull fractures.
Diagnosed about 20 years ago with what is NOW C-PTSD....
So YES I am NO stranger to Pain... It can be exhausting, depressing, and I have had many a "pity party" as this all feels like a "gift that just keeps on giving" and to know and FEEL how aging only stacks the deck Wow it CAN be completely overwhelming.
I have an excellent "tool box" to manage, cope and keep on keepin on... but yeah there are those rare days that all I can do is just wait it out.
I did discover/try Kratom this Spring!! It definitely gives Relief AND helps me to sleep!!! Wish I could afford to buy it ~sigh~
I Also am not a fan of Pain meds but yes once in awhile I resort to them.
Taking care of myself ~ like recognizing when I MUST Stop and rest or at least get prone for awhile is Paramount. I am working on Energy Blocks which certainly can add to Pain and poor health. Many PTSD sufferers have chronic pain and insomnia issues and I Know in my case some of my pain comes from my Blockages. It's funny how many of we Energy/LIGHTworkers find it difficult to use the techniques that are so Helpful for others on ourselves. Another practitioner once mentioned to me that he felt that might be so we reach out to each other which keeps us more connected and heck I am Always Open to Learn new and different ways!!
A few things I have discovered that Help me immensely~
Grounding ( several times a day even)
Centering
Balance
Breathing/Meditation
Clearing/Cleansing my Energy
Chakra work
Taking "inventory" as in specific areas of Pain and any corresponding emotions~
Some days just BE-ing as Gentle and Kind to myself as I can

I have Many many tools!! AND Gratitude is probably The Biggest One!!~ I know it may seem odd or even impossible to be Grateful but once I began to release my reactions (emotional), judgments and Defining mySelf by/with my pain I found Blessings!! Right there simply waiting to be discovered!!

{{{HUGE HUGZ}}}

PS: after living with some "ugly" pain for most of my life... in June of 2012 I was a Human torch...the wind grabbed up my long and full light cotton skirt blowing it into the flames of a lit BBQ~ I burned nearly 30% of my body and spent almost 2 months out of state in a burn unit. I found out what EXCRUCIATING PAIN Really was. And now? years later Knowing I lived through That kind of pain helps on some of my really difficult days to Keep on Keepin On!!
Blessings