View Single Post
Old 16-04-2011, 09:24 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
According to Judaism, how did creation begin? Is it the same story as in what Christians call the Old Testament? Did G-d create light and then Eden and then Man/Woman?

Did Man & Woman actually fall from grace according to Judaism? Is humanity considered to be 'fallen'? Do we need to restore our perfection and grace, as it is in Christianity?

I'm confused by the apparent discrepancy between Judaism and the Christian Old Testament. What are the differences?

This is a great post I have been wondering the same thing for awhile now.
I think that as for the creation question it is pretty close to the OT, but interpretation is different. I think that much of the Christian interpretation of Judaic text are flawed.

I do think, but I am not for sure but the whole interpretation of Adam/Eve and the fall are not the same. I do know that Judaism does not believe in a hell and Satan is so different in Judaism as compared to Christianity.

The messiah in Judaism is a physical leader/king not a savior concept as portrayed in Christian doctrine. In Judaism man can reconnect with G-d by simply changing their lives in such a way as to follow the laws of Torah and participating in helping others. I am not Jewish so these comments are from what I have researched so I am sure there are more differences and I hope others will help clarify the differences because I too would like to know.

nightowl