View Single Post
Old 20-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I was watching this video and I was laughing so hard.Steven is a science TV personality. You would be surprised to know, parents really are going nuts over this in schools ( in my area too)

Video:Eclipse are making people crazy

"HELLO, did you know kids are going to look up at the sun , Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday"

I am definitely making a box

Here is a good video fundamentally explaining why a total eclipse such a big deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNH3akWXaV8
If I was you I'd get some decent info on what you can use to safely watch it with.
We had a full eclipse in the 90s and all kinds of nonsense was said that should be safe, but it wasn't. Some ppl went blind.
Not even a normal, regular welding glass (one that sits in those visors) is strong enough to protect your eyes. You couldn't get any anymore that were strong enough, totally sold out.
So a mere box... I wouldn't go there. If you haven't got decent protection, just feel the energies, the overall changing light, but do not look at the sun.
If you want to watch it and haven't got proper protection, watch it online. At least then you're sure you'll still have healthy eyes afterwards.