View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
I hope you don't mind but I have found inspiration and resonance in your words and wanted to say so.

I've been thinking an awful lot about what home means lately and writing stories a lot in my own personal green coloured journal about it.

Finding ones internal home in whatever landscape of one's transient life is an interesting idea to me... I guess the nature of impermanence is a good motivating factor to being at home with oneself... Anyway...
I'm trying to leave a useful response haha but think I might be failing. Lol.
Thanks.
Thank you for your reply; it is useful. It's nice knowing that there are other people who can relate.

I always feel more at home outside. Sometimes it's hard for me living in the city. But it's nice having a garden.

On my spiritual journey, I am feeling torn between polarities: returning home vs. making progress; cultivating vs. wildness; freedom vs. restraint.

The concept of the poem is that all three things: being Homeless, being Wild, and being Free can be both constructive or destructive for me. Being homeless seems intuitively negative, but it also contributes to being natural, wild, and free. Being wild can be a bad thing, but I generally think of it in the positive. Being free always feels good to me, but too much freedom encourages a lack of restraint. And again, for me, all three develop and influence the others.

I hope to continue to explore these feelings in this thread.

Thanks again,