View Single Post
Old 16-06-2018, 12:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
I've been participating here for little over a year I guess now.
And was wondering why I seem to react so strongly here in comparison to some of the other forum's I have been a member off or have been participating in.
So I have been reading older posts within this sub-forum. And I noticed that there is a strange Buddhist sub-culture forming here. Very little listening very much boasting about the understanding one has of what Buddhism means to the individual.
It's not an understanding of Buddhism in any sense of getting close to the 'true meaning', its an unserstanding in real-life from which the meanings are assigned.
Quote:
Sutta's are quoted only when they strengthens ones claims. All in all very little discussion regardless of the length of some threads..
Yes, they are use to affirm being right, or proving another wrong, much of the time.
Quote:
I am probably too invested to make a thorough and un-opinionated conclusion. So I won't. All I can say is that what we see here, even in the posts of those who claim to walk the talk. Gautama would turn in his grave to if he saw what his teachings gave rise to in spiritual lala land 2500 years later.
He did predict it though..
With Love
Eelco
I generally find people want to talk about the high spiritual stuff but the discourse often degenerates to derisive slurs, so there is quite an obvious disparity between the talk and the walk. I usually create threads which are there for the sake of practice, which means walking the talking, as the practice and the philosophy are not two different things, but two parts of the one thing that go together.