View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Guide
Sorry Winter, I missed your earlier post.

Quote:
I still get the emotional flashbacks but I only get a couple an hour now and they dissapate relatively quickly. Which for me is a lot of progress. Currently doing a combination of EMDR and Neurofeedback. The EMDR helps to raise and clear issues and the Neuro reprograms the brain to settle into more peaceful states in general. I also notice times when I can be suprisingly clear and decisive and I know that the Neuro is helping with that.

I think the neurofeedback is the same thing as bio-feedback? I looked into that a year or so ago but didn't take it much further. I do still wonder whether it might be work but I'm really at the point where I don't think anything will. It's like I've got to come up with the solution myself.

Quote:
It is very hard to work on these things alone Patrycia-Rose

In many ways, I like doing EFT and TAT, just because I can do it on my own, and has the added bonus of not costing anything! I'm hugely introverted and so talking, beyond a brief description to practitioners of what I'm trying to heal, doesn't really appeal to me.

EFT has been a life saver for me. I feel so different now, after having had years of anger, where I got so enraged on a couple of occasions, I wrecked a room or two!! The anger isn't there anymore. In fact in some ways I feel very remote, distant from the trauma. I have no real feelings about it, it happened a long time ago, but the physical just won't seem to budge.

Quote:
Also I got a device called a tapper that works like EMDR, it is called bi-lateral stimulation. You hold a device in each hand that vibrates like a cell phone. It alternates back and forth between the hands. It is good to create a safe space to calm down when you are in a bad space. My therapist has me use them during the sessions which is how I found out about them. When I use them on my own I just lie down and relax and it helps me to calm down.

That sounds really interesting. Is such a thing available on amazon?

Quote:
We've tried most everything under the sun.

I know that feeling well, it's almost like I'm working my way through the alphabet of healing methods. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn true!

Quote:
The other thing that is very important after you tap is to use some integration statement when you are finished. The one I use is "All of these changes integrate easily, I am safe".

I remember those additional statements and have done that. I also use the gamut procedure. I also want to try the tearless trauma technique which is another EFT technique.

Quote:
Sound recordings can help a lot too. I've used both binaural and monaural stimulation recordings from various sources. I really love the Kelly Howell recordings. Though those would only take me so far and at some point I really needed some one-one-one therapy with EMDR and the Neuro to get things together.

I've got several binaural beat CDs which I like to relax to.

Quote:
For physical issues I use Tong Ren therapy. It is a form of non-physical energy work based on acupuncture.

That's a new one, not heard of that before.

I think my next move is to wait a few months until I get the energy and motivation to have yet another go - and try acupuncture (again).

Thanks for the insight and best of luck on your continued healing journey.

Patrycia.