View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Knower
Thanks for that. Quite interesting. Parallels with physics and Kashmir Shaivism.
How the universal consciousness have taken the form of the universe..and how our real nature is That universal Consciousness called Shiva/Shakti at the highest Tattvas (principle).

This Ram Dass quote did turn up in my facebook flow yesterday:

""What I used to do is wait in line and I’d do mantra or breathing. I’d go into my vipassana meditation. But now I’m interested in whether waiting in line at the bank can itself be the thing. I notice my impatience, notice the feeling in my feet as I am standing there, notice the different levels of reality of the people I’m looking at. Am I seeing a bank teller or am I seeing the Divine Mother as a bank teller? I allow myself to play with the moment more, still dealing with the stuff of the moment rather than going away." - Ram Dass

I thought it was quite sweet quote. And also a kind of Tantric teaching, of seeing the sacred in the mundane. Not fleeing off into space using "spiritual devices" like mantra and such.
This is very familiar with me. Using mantra as a crutch when things get nasty here. Not something wrong of course to do. But maybe more skillful is to explore the energies and seeing it as divine. As it's the truth. Divine Mother playing as Bankteller in this quote. The Shakti playing her divine Sport. The tantra teaching that nothing is not sacred.

Sally Kempton says this verse of Spanda karikas is being wiewed as key verse for tantric practice.

Quote:
Text of the 5th Verse

Iti va yasya saipvittih kridatvenakhilani jagat/
Sa pasyan satatam yukto jivanmukto na sanisayah//5

TRANSLATION
Or he, who has this realization (viz. identity of his Self with
the whole universe), being constantly united with the Divine,
views the entire world as the play (of the Self identical with
Siva), and is liberated while alive. There is no doubt about
this.

This means that in meditation seeing all witnessed manifestations as thoughts, feelings, body sensations or other things as manifestations of Shakti rising and subsiding within Consciousness. Which are One's own real identity btw.

As well as like Ram Dass being able to do more and more seeing his bank teller as well as his boredom, impatience et.c. as a manifestation of Divine Mother (shakti) playing.....