View Single Post
Old 20-12-2011, 06:00 AM
SunMist

Thank you guys for such fast replies, it is much help to me as this situation is strongly on my mind tonight.

Gem, thank you but it is a mixed bag for me. I think compared to most people I am more comfortable with dealing with them and can have some understanding/compassion for them. BUT as I've gotten older and had some negative experiences related to this phenomenon I will admit to having become less giving and more churlish. I think part of why they are so desperate to force connection with others (which is how I see what they do) is that they are denied connection by 99% of the people they encounter. And the blame for that lies on the 99% which fears the different and doesn't see some of what they need to fear is within those who seem the most normal on the surface. I think if everyone in general was more kind much would be solved. Lol, guess I got on my soapbox a bit there....

Psychoslice, oh I'd believe it - I've "attracted" some weird stuff in my life. I'm sorry you've been through so much but it sounds like you are a great protector for yourself today. I think part of why I've been on the spiritual path looking for answers is that life is so clearly unfair in a number of ways and it's hard to believe it is just random. About the people with cancer, to me that sounds like it just has to be past-life / karmic related.

Quote:
Sometimes empaths attract these people because they sense our willingness to be "available" to their needs.
Silentwhisper, I've long believed that was going on. Like I said to Gem though I do feel some sort of obligation to not just turn away because I know what most people do. It is true though that I often give more than I can afford or get in a little deeper than I realize. What I give beyond listening....well today I showed her an alternate view on some of the things she was one-sidedly negative about. I'm not sure she was able to take it in though.