View Single Post
Old 26-04-2018, 08:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Maybe where you live there are community gardens around? here there are some i'v volunteer worked in before and the people always let you take fruit an veg or herbs from the garden, in a way it becomes like your own garden, it's shared, every one chips in to make it awesome in some way. But also there is one guy i know who has a crazy garden, he grows so much things to eat, he will also get flowers and plants that attract certain types of bugs that will fend off other types of bugs and support this plant an that plant and .. yea.. theres really a whole science to it as well.

Hi, I just saw this !

There is an amazing community garden jungle - about 20 minutes down the road from me - (it is the closest one to my place)...
Unfortunately it is only for a specific demographic though as it run by a specific charity for a specific cause... and I don't 'fit' the criteria.

I have thought about approaching my local council or something along those lines though to see if there is any interest in my community... and have even noted a cool plot of land on my walks which has been vacant for quite some time now and would make a cool spot for a community garden.

I currently grow produce (leafy greens, tomatoes and herbs... soon to grow patio citrus) in pots at my place and a sneaky passionfruit over the fence for myself and the neighbours to share.