View Single Post
Old 17-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
Now when you say "we send subconsciously" that implies we have a part of ourselves we are not conscious of, or aware of, but it is creating content for us, in this case, thoughts. So something we have no awareness of, or control over, is providing content which we then let affect our perception and experience of now. So what control do we consciously have over ourselves if this is the case? Seems to me the only control we would have is to determine what relationship we have with this content that is being provided to us without our conscious input or control.

And I think this is what Buddha alluded to. To live in this moment, unaffected or influenced by thought or thoughts interpretation or judgment of now.

That is the path, to be here now, be present now without interpretation or expectation or judgment, as all these things are products of thought or the subconscious. One could go further, as Buddha did, and get into the idea of no self.

If I am free of all of my content, then what am I? Is there a self? I exist yes, I am conscious and aware. In this moment, all is vivid, new, but there is no "self" here as "self" is a product of thought and thinking. I exist fully as me, but me is always brand new and clear and unconditioned...if I am free of the accumulated content of the brain which is relayed to me via thought.

' that implies we have a part of ourselves we are not conscious of, or aware of, '

Yes, it's called the Alaya-vijnana, it is similar to what we call the subconscious.

Alaya-vijnana is a part of our mind that stores things outside of our conscious awareness.