View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Master

Quote:
“ Hey there! I find it all insulting and crude TOO! just saying that this is what the ignorant ones have done...I didn't do it...I am just pointing out where Christians got Satan from...that is all. No disrespect was ever intended and I apologise profusely...just showing how the false ideologies of man can warp stuff into unrecognisable things...as you have witnessed yourself. “

Hey, Shivani, absolutely no need to apologise, I’m not pointing fingers at you, unless of course you were a Church Father several centuries ago, in which case, shame on you, ahaha :)

I’m sort of ambivalent about the whole Yahweh vs Satan thing, might be a sort of false dichotomy, a sort of good cop vs bad cop act to deceive people, but I can’t know for sure.

Quote:
“I am not "demonizing" Abrahamic religions...I am just exponding the truth as I understand it to be...which may be TOTALLY different to how you understand it to be...and to you, I am "demonizing" but to me, I am "relating" and to Brahman Absolute, it is "who f*ing CARES? there is no Ashtaroth, no Inanna, no Annunaki, no Devas, no God, no Goetia, no demons, no Spiritual Forum, so shut the hell up and go meditate until your samadhi becomes a permanent, effortless experience".

Well, I said that because I was guilty of this in the past and it took many years of gentle persuasion (by the Denizens of Heaven) to make me realise the error of my ways. I guess, I was projecting, apologies if this doesn’t apply to you.

For me personally, I used to be a hardcore anti-theist and used to harbour an intense hatred for the Judaic God and all the religions built on his worship. Slowly and gently, the Heavenly beings I was in contact with, helped me realise my mistake. I am not referring to you (sorry if this wasn’t clear), when I talk about demonization, all religions have been guilty of making demons out of the gods of “the other” in the past.

A classical example is how the Devas are gods in Hinduism and the Asuras demons, whether in Ancient Persia, it was the other way round. I suspect something similar is going on here with the whole God vs Satan or Angels vs Demons dichotomy. I myself don’t care about the species or physical appearance of the higher beings involved, I go by moral character.

It has been my experience, that the gods of Heaven are largely selfless and loving, whereas the gods of the underworld are self-serving and deceitful. It may be an oversimplification, but for my own cognitive purposes I’ll use this as a general rule of thumb. As it happens, this matches the classical monotheistic view of an eternal battle between Heaven and the Underworld and the beings that inhabit each realm. I must admit, this came as a huge surprise to me and I’ve struggled with its implications for a long time.