View Single Post
Old 27-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
that is YOUR definition of the terms... not everyone agrees with you...

Think about this particular statement in terms of understanding. You personalize what was said not liking it forgetting what is said has an origin.

Here is something you should see. These are not the words of the writer in that they come from a source. In fact you argue with that (the source). This individual is not the source. Remember, this person (like you probably) is not a teacher or an authority and we repeat our teachers and what authority says. Most of us don't believe or say things out of the blue, none of us have that talent. I'm sorry but there are just standard definitions.

The fact not everyone agrees isn't proof either but a matter of position. The analogy being born again is a comparison but as far as tradition is not the same thing and the image you have is more Gnostic and inclusive spiritually. Keep in mind you are talking about a very old idea and like all ideas we don't ever stray far from them. The question is is there one definition or many of them. What was the original intent of the word anyway, because remember religion was not at first concerned with saving souls and yes, this idea of the word is in the realm of religion.

I applaud you open the word to mean more but also consider you must open other words to such as God, Jesus, and so on. This can be a double edge sword. But I want to emphasize your focus is on the person and not the teaching and so are you saying the teaching is wrong.