View Single Post
Old 23-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul.cimmerian
Childhood is confusing enough without all of those extras you mentioned. That must have been a tough time for you, and even now, having to suppress your gifts from the world.

(sorry for continuing with the off topic convo)

We had our moments... being outcast from the family wasn't as bad as most might think. Losing friends hurts more.

For the most part, people are pretty excited about paranormal, spiritual, or psychic events. Other people deal with it in their own way.

We once had a playful spirit in the house. We had some friends over for dinner one night. While we were eating, the radio turned on. Our guests were a bit surprised, but we reassured them that it was just a friendly spirit. They took it as a joke and kept eating. A bit later, the radio changed stations.. and they asked again about what was happening. We reiterated that it was a spirit. This time they looked a bit more concerned, but refrained from commenting further.

Near the end of the meal, a song came on that my wife (girlfriend at the time) liked, and she asked for the volume to be put up. The volume went up. So our guests freaked out a bit.. and took some reassuring before settling down.

And, the reason I'm sharing this is because, the next day our dinner friends had no memory at all of the events. They'd blocked it out. People deal with things they can't explain in different ways.

Another story, because I'm in a sharing mood:

My partner could always see spirits, but had been brought up a certain way and was highly fearful of them. She knew there was 'something' out there, but had never met anyone who could explain things or help her in any way (before meeting me). One of the first nights she slept over, she had some bad cramps. I offered to help out, and placed my hand on her stomach to take some of the pain away. As the pain lessened, I moved to the next worst area.. and so on. The only problem was, my she wasn't ready for the reality of 'healing' being true, and fled the room when she was convinced that something unusual was really happening.

I gave her some space, and soon afterwards (that night), she came back and apologised for running off.. and asked a heap of questions like 'what the sh!t was that?' and 'who are you?'.

If I had to give dating tips.. 'take away her pain' wouldn't be near the top, but it would be on the list (we're married now).

You could say that I've had to pick my moments. I tend to keep this sort of stuff pretty close to my chest (unless it's in an anonymous forum).