View Single Post
Old 13-01-2006, 08:54 AM
sashwah

Hmmmm.... interesting idea but i dunno about that one. I mean you couold say that was it but do you really think that's what it's about or have you just gotten good at seeing religion in everything???? After all, if most themes are god is good and so are angels, the please don't let me go to chocolate heaven! Or was he the devil? All that temptation and indifference to the fate of the golden ticket holders? After all, most of them got the tickets through greed. Maybe the umpa lumpa's were the devils minions?
My son is fourteen now. He watched the film when he was about eight. Had dreadful nightmares about the umpa lumpa's particularly. I couldn't have bribed him with any amount of money to come with us to see it... every teenager has their price. If you were to ask him.." umpa lumpa's, angels or demons"? He would most definately say demons....
I would say it was the story of a loinely child who was never allowed sweets or choclate because his father was an obsessive dentist...
My mum and dad never let me have a bicycle in case i hurt myself... what did i do as soon as i was old enough? Bought a motorbike...