View Single Post
Old 31-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Oh, and one other thing. If you've ever lucid dreamed, or semi-lucidly dreamt then you should know not to take overly seriously the "real feeling" stories that emerge from our dreaming.. and then confuse those with past life experiences. I'm willing to bet that the vast, vast, vast majority of such "recollections" could be attributed to just such experiences. I study such dreams, because I've been doing both often for the last many years. This doesn't mean that past lives aren't a thing, but I'm quite confident that we wouldn't be able to relate in any way to such lives. Your quote above looks to me like you're projecting your current mindset onto the caricatures within such dreams. Of course, then, they wouldn't seem that different because they're an extension of your current self. Our dream lives are truly profound, they do stuff that seems "other" because they come from the unconscious, the real things of past lives would be uncomfortably different. Our current sense-oriented mind has no context for such other-life knowings.

OB, with all due respect, when it comes to this area, you can only speak for yourself and no more.

Likewise, I will ask you with all due courtesy to respect my right to my own incarnated experiences of individuated consciousness.
I will not debate the validity of your experiences regardless of how similar or different they may appear to my own, and nor will I engage in debating the validity my own with you.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke