View Single Post
Old 26-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
Dear Sparrow,

As a medium, I've been blessed to be able to hear stories from different kinds of beings over time, but this grew into a unique problem.

From being able to speak to other intelligent beings that aren't human, I found a strange sadness in being human. How limited we are compared to other beings. How much we have to learn. How my own belief of our species being the most intelligent and advanced known on Earth has been broken.

To be honest, I liked feeling that humanity was unique, special and superior to all. But I was humbled to discover that we were not, and just a small dot in a larger galaxy, and how that was just part of my ego finding ways to make me feel secure.

I'm having an existential crisis about this. I miss the vague memories of having lived on other planets more advanced before - not just in technology, but also in love and spirituality, and I wonder what's the point of being human then?

Liz, I can't wait till Sparrow responds to this one.
Meantime, I know that bit is hard and I'm sending a hug to you...

You know what's funny? It's all relative and we are in a strange eddy of human development regarding authentic love in personal relationship. It has been better even here regarding basic levels of honour given to one another, despite an authoritarian past for much of humanity here on earth...and it can be much better still going forward from a place of democracy and greater humanitarian rights for all.

In many of those places more advanced in love and spirituality than here, the earnest truth of our engagement and the sincere love we give one another is far more palpable than at present on earth in this odd transitional era, and yet elsewhere many also had not yet come to an honourable form of governance. I lived under several regimes in which we as a people were generally less superficial, more loving and substantively present and honourable toward one another in relationships (fam, friends, partners, strangers, etc). However there was a lot of totalitarianism, even if seemingly benign and peaceful. And not always even that...some of it just brutal and oppressive.

What I know is that if we limited it to personal experience and richer personal relationships (a priceless gift, for certain), then we might think many of these places greater or better (and they were more technologically advanced...many issues of basic survival, reasonable standards of living, and environmental sustainability had been met and dealt with). But in the realm of human freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, and general self-actualisation, many would be less free than our modern Western societies, for all their very real problems. How strange is that? Clearly, some do get it together...but not always without a lot of hardship and suffering in various ways, including existential suffering under oppressive governance.

We're not all that at the mo, true, but we've got potential
Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke