View Single Post
Old 22-05-2018, 04:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique
Yea I had a look at sleep hygiene and for the most part, going to bed isn't the problem, it's how long i'm sleeping. I've gone to bed earlier and I still sleep 13 hours so a bit at a loss as to what to do now. I know once i'm up I feel great albeit a bit anxious at times.

Atm it's a massive habit and whilst doctors tell me you can't be addicted to sleep, I feel I am

Being one who hits the hay late, I know the quality of sleep of late sleepers is disturbed as they wake up more frequently when daylight comes around. 1/2 the sleep is more erratic so I need longer hours of it. The issue then isn't length of sleep even though its true I need the 11 or 12 hours. The issue is quality of sleep being disrupted by sleeping erratically due to daylight hours. Your sleeping at 1 am is like this. The body is chemically arranged to sleep in the dark and arouse with the light, so it would be a very unusual case indeed for a person to sleep equally well in daylight hours. This is why I reccomend a bedtime much earlier than than 1 am, so that the greatest majority of time spent sleeping is at night, making for much high quality sleep, which decreases the quantity of sleep needed.