View Single Post
Old 14-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Thank you so much for your replies, they are very helpful!

Hi markings, I am looking at a mainstream counselling diploma or degree and also an extra course in holistic counselling.
I am shopping around for the best matched courses and will commit early next year.
I would like to be able to bring in holistic and spiritual elements for those clients where their particular spirituality is important for them.
Having come through the other side of a spiritual emergence, healing crises trauma myself I would love to gain a better understanding of the dynamics to help others if they need it).

One course which I was drawn to had a reiki or pranic healing pre- requisite. I have not yet committed to anything as I am still shopping around.
I would be surprised if a mainstream counselling course would ask for an alternative healing practice certificate or diploma as a pre-requisite.
If that is a pre-condition asked for then it the method is unlikely to fall into mainstream.
Having said that there are directions in the mainstream which point into the same direction as alternative therapies.