View Single Post
Old 26-02-2012, 01:08 AM
AwakeningtoSpirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
There is a difference in terms of quantity and quality. If you are a reiki channel, it means you are connected to the one Source that powers up the entire universe - either directly or indirectly (through a lineage or symbols). It is also possible to send reiki directly from your own personal storage of energy, but this is a silly way to do it because it will drain your own reserves. If you have ever sat beside a depressed or negative person and felt drained, know that they are drawing from your personal energy reserves. If you are attuned and can draw spiritual energy from the infinite Source, then it doesn't matter how much they take from you, more comes flowing through you - like an infinite fountain or river. Furthermore, Source energy is pure but what is in us individuals (because we need it for other things that we do) is tainted by ego. When reiki-ing it is best to keep the mind out of it, just allow Spirit to do its thing. That way both of you benefit.

I know now this is true. I was practicing reiki on my own with out an attunement for awhile. Then I received my first and second degree attunement. Now I don't feel drained at all and actually feel energized every time I do reiki, whether in person or distance.
To the OP; Reiki healing energy is redundant reiki means universal life force which is the healing energy. But I think it clarifies what reiki is to those who don't know what it means.