View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Kerubiel, that's good! If you want something deep and real in partnership specifically, however, then I hate to break it to you, but you cannot fixate on the physicality, on the beauty, and the romance. That is all fleeting, I hate to say. And you're still trying to take the route of sensuality and sentimentality (the low road) to come to the top of the mountain. It just won't ever take you there.

What will remain after all that superficiality fades, is authentic love for one another as people and as beloved friends. That enduring admiration and respect and love for one another as people and as souls...and from this, desire is sustained and illuminated. Not from the bodies per se. The love illuminates the desire and that is what makes the particular body and soul, heart and mind of this particular person desirable. For a woman, physical desire is very, very specific to the person. And in order to be on the same page, you have to be in a place of authentic love in partnership with that woman.

If you bring authentic love (seeks the highest good of the other and nothing to do with sex or your needs) into partnership, you can exchange real desire long-term. But it doesn't come to the vast majority of men because they go about it the wrong way.
I have to disagree with you here, 7 - in the sense that "All roads ultimately 'lead' home." The 'way' you are advocating (as not being 'wrong') is just one 'way', IMO. What is called 'God', which could just as well be called 'Love', 'Light' etc., etc., etc. is BOTH 'imminent' and 'transcendant'. And one has to begin/start any 'journey' from wherever one is at present. All too many (IMO) try to get 'there' (where you speak of) by 'adopting' the kind of 'perspective' and 'attitude' you promote as being 'authentic' when they are not (yet) at the point in their soul's journey where such perspective and attitude is 'natural' (i.e. truly 'organic'). They are, at best, 'pretenders' in such regard, and as a result don't actually open themselves up to the kinds of experiences which, if and as 'digested', would result in their becoming authentically so. I suggest that any reader who 'agrees' with the quite eloquently-rationalized 'message' that you present 'check' to see if what I say in regards to the authenticity vs. pretense dynamics possibly being in play.

I offer my 'teaching' in the above regard in form of a 'story' (pertaining to the dynamics of desire and loss) I once heard, to wit: " 'God' 'gives' you everything you could possibly love and desire and then one by one takes them away from you until all that you are left with is Love Itself!"

My advice: Though 'men' (males-principle oriented psyches) may take more than one lifetime to 'reach' the point where they become dispassionately 'loving' (there are also those who do that in the course of 'maturing' in any given lifetime, IMO) , watch that you don't fall into the 'trap' of seeking/trying/aiming to 'leap-frog' the process by avoiding 'passion' in the 'name' of only being 'committed' to 'true' love - especially not in a 'holier than though' mode which, IMO, may really 'kill' (i.e. 'stop') the process of becoming Love Itself. Such 'avoidance' a 'trap' many 'women' (female-principle oriented psyches) fall into, IMO, which is why it makes sense to me that one has to incarnate and experience both 'ways' to 'get' to 'wholeness' (which is different than what many think and feel is 'holiness', I think).

My 'sense' is and so I am betting that Kerubiel is closer to being/becoming and so will get there sooner than many of the 'holier' (seeming) folks 'here'. His unabashed 'boldness' in the above regard has opened the doorway to heaven to him, I think. Not that I know everything, so I don't know for sure.