View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
So do you perceive the body and the ailments as a part of you?
Some things you can change, other things you're stuck with. I don't get colds and flu through the winter because I just don't give in to them. While others are shoveling pills and potions they're destroying their immune system, I'd rather strengthen mine by letting a cold run its course. Other things though, not so much because there are parts of my body that do hurt - I'm old and knackered after all. However, some of the most painful ones are reminders of my Journey - souvenirs if you will.

I've been there and done that - physically, emotionally and Spiritually - and y'know? It's all me, all of it - warts and all.

I could renounce my desires but they're driving forces for experience, and just because I have a nice car in the drive it doesn't make me an egomaniac, it simply makes the Journey far more pleasant than driving a clapped out banger. And after a long time of not having, having is quite an experience.

This illusory self isn't so bad and my personality is infectious. I'm conscious that there are those whose Spirits are raised because of a simple smile that comes from an agreeable personality, or have a worry fade away. In that, Are We One? If I had renounced those personality traits and had no personality?

Does Spirituality belong to an illusory self? Is the non-illusory self the one that sees purpose and reason in having/being an illusory self? Are we simply wearing a mask as actors on Shakespeare's stage?

The question is, what is the question?

I'm going to put my Spirituality to one side because the reality is that my garden is a mess, it's annoying me and Mrs Greenslade's ticked at what she sees when she's putting the washing out. The birds don't mind though, and in all of that is a Spirituality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Can you love yourself and not the body .. can you love yourself and renounce a part of yourself?
Can you not Love yourself Unconditionally? Is that the 'ultimate goal'?