View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Cool and I was just wondering if disobeying the commandments of YHWH given to Moses is a form of idolatry. Yes that was a rhetorical statement. Since there is a commandment that forbids a certain people from mentioning the names of other gods and they go along and use a name of a pagan deity for their calendar month if that is seen as idolatry. I'd say so. Oh and by the way that so called Jewish calendar doesn't even line up with the so called scriptural calendar so I was wondering if that was idolatry.

My opinion...

Question: "A Jewish person disobeying the commandments of YHWH given to Moses is a form of idolatry?"

Answer: "Yes, if it is done **knowingly**"

But in regard to the OP...

The most common form of idolatry from a Jewish perspective: Anger.

Reference: Kitzur Shulchan Aruch, chapter 29:

"Our Rabbis of blessed memory said furthermore, "If anyone becomes angry it is considered as though he worships idols, and the torments of Gehinnom will be inflicted on him as it is written, "Therefore, remove anger from your heart and put away evil from your body."

What is the "Kitzur Schulchan Aruch"? It is, arguably, the most common, most popular reference used for Halacha, Jewish Law. Per Wikipedia: It "establishes what is allowed, and what is not allowed without ambiguity".