View Single Post
Old 24-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
This is too large a topic to go into detail here. And it should be read as a personal belief based on a wide range of information/knowledge I've gathered.. you'll be able to find your own truth (that sits well with you).

Rather than rewrite everything, I'll direct you to another thread that covers this in some detail (and has some links that are worth looking at). http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=112746
I read the full thread and enjoyed yours and CrystalSong exchange with great interest. I've studied some of this in the past and am familiar with many of the concepts and observations. I read one interesting book based on an individuals exploration into personal past life regressions. She wanted to visit as many of the lives that she'd experienced along the way in order to gain a direct sense of our history as a species. Here first life that she recalled was from this period that you'd mentioned. She worked at one of these temples as a priestess (or something along those line, it's been a while since I'd read it). Of all the lives she recalled this one was the most 'spiritual'. The memory she'd recalled was her entering the temple and having to pass the guards at the entrance. These guards weren't fully human and were uncomfortably intense. They peered right into your soul in such a way that no secrets could be hidden. She mentioned that this was perhaps one of her least favorite lifetimes. She was a human among creatures most differently wired. Her following lives were far more pedestrian and challenging in a more familiar way.

What I thought was interesting about this was the need for 'guards'. And that humans and 'these other folks' lived side by side in something of an uncomfortable alliance.

I'm also familiar with the vibrational frequencies of organisms. Which totally makes sense, since there is no real physical matter (in terms of actual solids) and I've had experiences where I've directly seen this vibrational interaction within specific lucid dream exposures. I'm comfortably onboard with your observations along these lines.

As to the place that science plays in observing all this, my opinion is more complicated. I tried studying our place in this universe in purely spiritual terms for quite a few years, but it wasn't until I turned my attention to what science is "now" saying about our bodies that has me now totally attentive to their most recent findings. I had numerous health issues that I'd been attributing to karma, spiritual imbalances, that sort of thing, but it wasn't until I started studying the emerging science of nutritional needs that I was able to address such issues to the point where they've all not-only cleared-up, but at no point in this lifetime have I ever been healthier. No supplements, just food. And people make far more sense now that I'm exploring the human condition via the emerging sciences of developmental progression. All of this is providing a contextual traction that one simply can't find within a spiritual setting/exploration.

We are animals, in terms of our bodily experience. In watching a child develop they do so at a fairly common and predictable pace (except for many who have been heavily vaccinated, in which case mileage may very). There is a 'human' experience and history that is intently important to this spiritual journey. Such a study tends to fill-in some deeply important aspects as to how we experience ourselves as a species, as well as individuals.

Both the spiritual and scientific can indeed compliment each other in this regard. In fact the scientific stuff suggests that much of what we consider spiritual is merely an extension of our physical experience. Even when I've been out of body things still take the shape and content of what I'm experiencing on a physical level. We have to go a long way indeed off the beaten path in order to actually encounter a spiritually germain experience. And when done so, outside this human context, we are still needing to convert such an encounter into a physically-relevant-event in order for our current mind to recall it. So spirituality, while in a human form, will likely always be a shadowy affair.

Upon further reading I now tend to generally agree with essentially everything I've seen you post so far, and I'm in awe of CrystalSong's exploratory talents! I'm just wanting to point to something that's generally left out of the spiritual conversation. We are experiencing ourselves as human animals within a humanized context, and being such this will take priority over any of our spiritual endeavors. We're needing to get this physical part of our experience straightened out in order to provide the best 'grounding' possible for anything expansive that's beyond this particular frame of reference.

I also suspect that our purpose for being here is to experience our existence from this rather unique vantage. I suspect that there are not all-that many opportunities for our souls to forget itself in favor of something this uniquely radical.

I love your mother without having met her. Your affectionate memory of her says it all! :)