View Single Post
Old 16-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Administrator
Hello

I can share one from me Son. From almost day one he was terrified of water. Even as a baby the bath time was a nightmare. We tried everything but nothing worked. I thought maybe a trip to the pool might help slowly introducing him with other children to the water. OMG that was a nightmare, he was about 2 and clung to me like the end of life was coming. Screamed so bad we had to leave.

I re approached the pool at about 3 with the same reactions. Still even the bath was not fun for him. Did not want water over his head so washing hair was not fun at all. We would go to the lake and he would not follow us in. So it meant one had to stay on shore with him, he would not even dip his feet.

It was when he was 4 he came to me and asked what is "Titanic" I told him a ship that sunk. Goes so matter of fact ok I died on it. He walked away. I found a picture of the ship and I asked him on it again. He said the water was very cold but there were very cool fish at the bottom. He had right from day one been facinated with the ocean and the deepest levels of it. He knew so much about the deep sea creatures.

As we explored it more he told me he was a child on the boat and that he went down on that boat. That he was on the bottom of the ocean. Thus the fear of the water and water coming over his head. That is how he would have gone. Once we were able to watch a show on the Titanic his fear of the water vanished. Like a release. He took the bucket and put the water over his own head in the bath. He now will go to the pool and the lake.

Lynn