View Single Post
Old 29-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I rarely ever communicate with family after moving away, as I still feel connected to them in my soul. And when we do meet, it seems nothing has really changed.

Occasionally I wonder if I'm emotionally damaged, in that I don't generally miss people or feel the need to communicate.
Yet I've always fallen in love very easily, so perhaps this isn't a pathological sign, but a sense of oneness, that's we remain connected in our souls.

Grandparents are the closest ones that have left me, and they lived 400 miles away, as my parents moved when I was a child. Perhaps that is why I've never really considered being detached from them. When I was a child I only really felt separated, in the energy of arriving and leaving. Distance didn't make me feel any different.

Now that I've started reading about soul groups, it perhaps makes a little more sense... reading about the emotions of those who feel for the ones left behind.

One of my Grandads had alzheimers. It really upset me when we visited him on the ward, as my parents said that he wasn't really there ~ whilst I could understand what they meant by that, it hurt when they said it in front of him. At the time I was just happy to smile and be there. He may not have been able to respond, but I still felt that he could hear me.