Thread: Hearing Voices
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Hearing Voices

I have been hearing voices and other experiences over the past number of years, and I am hoping someone here knows how to stop this. In the past, I have been on anti-psychotic medication for a prolonged period, but it had little or no effect.

The voices I hear are mostly menacing, manipulative, controlling, boastful and evil at times. They are quiet at the moment, but I know they are still there. When they are quiet I can still hear a ringing sound in my ears. There is also a sort of chirping sound present all the time.

When I hear them, I also hear my own thoughts as a voice at the same time.
I can hear my own thoughts out loud in my own voice, and that is how they communicate with me.
This means I could be sitting quietly at home, but having an audible conversation at the same time.

Sometimes the voices are whispering, other times they are shouting, and sometimes there are only one or two and other times it can sound like a horde of voices chanting.

Mostly they use the voices of my family and people I know as a disguise.

They sometimes speak about me in the third person; eg; "he is brushing his teeth" or "he is eating".
They have accused me of doing things which I have not done. This sometimes goes on for weeks from when i wake up to when I go to sleep, that is if they let me go to sleep.
They tell me to harm myself. They tell me I am in a maze etc. etc.
They boast about how they have destroyed me, they boast about what they can do all the time. They have hurt me physically and taken credit for it.
They mock me constantly, telling me they will destroy me for the rest of my life

Near the beginning of the voices manifesting they told me the following over and over and over again:

"We are skull and bones and we will destroy you" "We will destroy you until there is nothing left but your skull and bones".

They can see what I can see, they can feel what I feel (when I say feel, I mean the sense of touch), as they have taken away my emotions.
They can smell what I smell, and can also manifest smells.
They can remind me of things that have happened in my life by showing me memories in my mind.

I have tried praying sometimes for days, even weeks, and I think it does help to keep them at a distance. At times when I pray it sounds as if I am leading a stadium full of people praying.

Since March this year they have kept their distance but I am worried that they will start up again. They are not gone away but in the background, and I still hear the ringing and chirping sounds.

Please feel free to reply if you have a similar experience and/or know how to stop this. I would not wish this experience on anybody.

Thank you for your help.