Thread: I see you?
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Spoke of this in another thread, but thought to create a thread to perhaps expand on it and share thoughts.

Saw a piece of an interview with Trevor Noah.
Trevor Noah host The Daily Show, here in the states.
He is from South Africa.

He said in his culture people say ( translated) " I see you." He notices that in America culture, atleast what he experiences, that people see ideas, but not people.

This struck a chord with me and got me thinking that " yeah, in many interaction with others it seems true". One is seeing the idea of the person and not the person.

Trevor used the example of someone saying "I hate Muslims" when asked if they ever met a Muslim, they answer no.

So, ask what are the thoughts on this?

Do you think people see more the idea of a person or see the person as him/herself?

I think you wrote another thread about reflections, an awful lot of stuff is being reflectd back at me.... so it is very hard to tell in what I see, where I end and the other person begins. But the energies of different people 'feel' different and give me things to look at that perhaps I hadn't already seen.

But often, I've read what I want to see into people. I don't know how much of that I've done, vs. how much of what I saw was the real person. I do know I have a limited view of people and have had many occassions to adjust my picture of them when something new happened...

But back to the topic, I found when I was young that I would look at something and see what I expected to see. Usually what I expected to see was intended to make me happy in some way. But I didn't believe it for some reason, and kinda pushed myself a little to see what was there instead of what I thought was there.... I don't remember now what I felt during those moments or how I did it, I just remember it havin ghappened. Usually with words or images that people created. Anyway, when I would do that what I would see would be vastly different that what I expected to see. And I wouldn't always *like* what I saw, either.

I think a lot of life is like that, people just comfort themselves with images and so forth that make them feel good and just go about putting things on top of the reality of things. But, if you don't do that, you are in for a rocky ride. What I've been through, well, it's not fun and games. Sometimes I think I'm stupid and just would get with it like everyone else does, sigh.