View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledove
If nothing exists, then how can anything have a beginning? A beginning would suggest existence. Am curious...

Within the Void/Possibility, it can be said that nothing exists, thus the Void. But by virtue of that fact, everything is relegated to the realm of possibility; because nothing exists in fact it can ONLY exist as possibility. In the Void, nothing IS, but all things are possible.

Another popular word for Void is Chaos. I see creation following this broad pattern:

In the beginning was the Void. Most all creation myths agree on this and it makes logical sense if you stick with it long enough.

From the void arose other things. Within the realm of Possibility, there is the possibility of consciousness, among other things. There is the possibility that that consciousness will be presented with the choice to exist or not. There is the possibility that it will choose to exist. Once that happens we have moved back into familiar territory with God/Source asking itself 'Who/what am I?'

We, and this universe, are the process of that question resolving itself.

Now I'm not saying its a perfect theory, only that it makes more sense to me than anything else I've read or thought up. I really can't find a more primal concept than possibility. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.