View Single Post
Old 28-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Master

" I guess I can be proud of the progress I made there, too, but since I haven't been scared in such a long time, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal."

Yes - this is great! Fear is only a mental concept that we build up to be this big, scary thing. Like a door and what's behind that door is scary monsters, when in reality, if we open the door and walk through it, we deal with what is on the other side of the door until it no longer scares us, and then it's like, why was I afraid of that? It's like hard to remember.

I just remembered an Abraham saying. If you can think of fear as "feeling eager and ready," it is based on the concept that fear is just a feeling, or starts with a feeling. And when we were little, someone told us that feeling is what fear feels like, but what if they were wrong? What if that feeling really was eagerness? So every time we are feeling eager about something, if we labeled it fear now all of our eagerness is fear. Hope that makes some sense, I am sure they said it more eloquently...but I liked that.

And Joy is hiding behind all of our fears. I believe Seth said that. And that I believe. That has been true for me. If I can take that time - between opening the door and "dealing" with whatever I have to do that is behind that door and the time it takes to be in Joy that I can now do that thing that I feared before with grace and ease - and shorten it to just, ok I did it once, now I am no longer afraid, wouldn't that be nice? My husband always used to tell me, they can't eat you. And it wasn't until much later in life that I really understood what he was saying.

I think fear is that place that is hooked to our "animal instincts" where things that were much bigger than we are could've eaten us LOL. So our ego minds, over the millenia, have helped us by putting fear in front of whatever it perceived as things that could eat us and it evolved into our "modern" society in ways that it was really not intended to be used.

So I am feeling eager and ready...it's a good mantra.