View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Animus27

Coffin Spell 148 (from somewhere between 2181-1650 BCE)

The lightning flash strikes, the gods are afraid, Isis awakes pregnant with the seed of her brother Osiris, She is uplifted, even she the widow, and her heart is glad with the seed of her brother Osiris. She says "O you gods, I am Isis, the sister of Osiris, who wept for the father of the gods, even Osiris, who judged the slaughtering of the Two Lands. His seed is within my womb, I have molded the shape of the god within the egg as my son, who is at the head of the Ennead. What he shall rule is this land, the heritage of his grand-father Geb, what he shall say is concerning his father, what he shall kill is Set the enemy of his father Osiris. Come, you gods, protect him within my womb, for he is known in your hearts. He is your lord, this god who is in his egg, blue-haired of form, lord of the gods, and great and beautiful are the vanes of the two blue plumes.

"Oh!" says Atum, "guard your heart, O woman! How do you know? He is the god, lord and heir of the Ennead, who made you within the egg."

"I am Isis, one more spirit-like and august than the gods; the god is within this womb of mine and he is the seed of Osiris."

Then says Atum, "You are pregnant and you are hidden, O girl! You will give birth, being pregnant for the gods, seeing that he is the seed of Osiris. May that villain who slew his father not come, les he break the egg in its early stages, for the Great-of-Magic will guard against him."

Thus says Isis, " Hear this, you gods, which Atum, Lord of the Mansions of the Sacred Images, has said. He has decreed for me protection for my son within my womb. He has knit together an entourage about him within this womb of mine, for he knows that he is the heir of Osiris, and a guard over the Falcon who is in this womb of mine has been set by Atum, Lord of the Gods. Go up on earth, that I may give you praise. The retainers of your father Osiris will serve you, I will make your name, for you have reached the horizon, having passed by the battlements of the Mansion of Him whose name is hidden. Strength has gone up within my flesh, power has reached into my flesh..."

trans. R.O. Faulkner