View Single Post
Old 15-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
It must be something remembering all those lives GS...

I thought that being drawn to certain time periods is sometimes an indicator for some people, I thought that maybe some could share how that was a start of a connection for them...Silvergirl and Docha let us know how things progress for you

How much of what we are today is redeposited as our lives continue...I wonder, there has to be slivers of the past lives that carry over, wouldn't you think? Just curious...

nightowl

Time periods are usually one of the first indicators. It could could be a fascination with the culture, wanting to know more or wishing they had lived then. Most people go for the facts, however facts are next to useless for me because my head leaks lol. I've always gone for the people. We've got two people with a thing about the ocean, maybe they were on the same boat? :-)

I think there are vestiges enough lying around. In this Life I always wanted to be a healer but was told that wasn't my Path. My Nemesis has been around a long time and has been around briefly in this Life too. Something I started in Atlantis was finished in this one. It's more than likely others have some kind of seemingly random though of being someone else or somewhere else that's a shadow of a Past Life. Looking at Cayce's material, that fits nicely - " instead it is to enable a soul to understand the consequences of previous choices and to know that each individual is ultimately responsible for shaping and creating his or her life in the present". In not being a doctor but wanting to be one, I can see the other side of that particular coin in feeling a sense of helplessness. As a doctor in that Life I could cure and heal people, but in this Life I can't. There is a woman that I have connected with in a weird way that Lives locally and she's having so many problems. Her kidneys are shutting down and she's losing weight fast on top of a whole range of other things. I would dearly Love to do something for but.... All I can do is see her every so often and watch her fade away. The choice to become a doctor then has led me to this experience - and it's frustrating and unpleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
It's always about the ocean. I can also remember the feeling that I was a man in a past life, on a ship, calm and at sunset, just a still, peaceful moment. That's all I can recall or 'pull up' from that thought.
Then stay with that moment. If you can't go any further you're not meant to. There's a reason for that thought so stay there.

Lobsang Rampa goes on about the Overself here - http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html

Basically, think of an octopus with tentacles. The body of the octopus is the Spirit and the Soul is on the end of each tentacle. True or not it makes sense to me and it also helps make a little more sense of reincarnation. If there is reincarnation but no time, how does that work? How can the Soul occupy so many different bodies at the same time if there is no such thing as time? There being no time would mean our Souls are in several (maybe more) places at once. The Overself works for me, and in all of my Past Lives (especially this one) I can feel the presence of that Spirit. For me, remembering Past Lives is like a short circuit in the Overself.

Strange though. There aren't that many people I resonate with on these here boards, and of those I do most of them are here :-)