Thread: Trials
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2018, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu
Trials is a brief account of my journeys in trying to be vegetarian. Such journeys took place thrice in a personal lifetime without much success.

In each trial, I attempted to abstain from eating meat for nearly a month. With each trial, as the weeks ensued, I felt increasingly weaker and somewhat malnourished until I decided to quit vegetarianism.

In philosophy, Trials was my spiritual attempt to advocate against animal cruelty that has been historically and to date done in the form of butchering animals alive. Alongside, it is that I'm pro animal welfare.

However, an integral part of human survival, evolution and living is the ability to eat meat, including such nutrients as iron and protein. I would be reluctant to use protein pills from pharmaceutical shops for they are costly and the possibility that they could be clandestinely mixed with drugs and harmful chemicals.

Trials has been not only my spiritual attempts with such failures - they constitute my lifelong experiences in which I come to evaluate my choices and their outcomes, both imagined and actual.

Unfortunately your "vegetarian trial" ran smack into the scientific fact that the human species is an omnivore and made to eat a bit of everything....it is simply who we are.

Your experience sounds like most peoples experience with attempted vegetarianism......including mine .....they just don't feel good.....they feel weak....they lose weight....etc.

My experience is that only a limited number of the population does ok with vegetarianism and even a smaller number with outright veganism.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!