Thread: Was it real?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Guide

It was real! I lost my beloved grandfather almost three years ago. He was unresponsive in his final hours but my whole family was there to say their goodbyes. When it was my turn to kneel next to his bed I whispered in his ear that it was ok to pass, and that we will see each other again...in that moment he shed a tear. The night he died I was woken at about 3 am by our apartment buildings fire alarm, so my husband and I jumped in the car and sat in the lot next door because it was a cold night. Frank Sinatra's "Angel Eyes" song was on the radio in the car, and I thought oh Pop loves Sinatra! In that moment my brother called shortly after 3am to tell me Pop had died. The alarm and the song on at the time of his passing was no coincidence.

Pop has visited me in my dreams many times over the last few years since he passed. One dream he hugged me and I could smell the after shower body powder he used! He doesn't talk to me in these dreams, but he either gives me a hug or a big smile like he always did. Just a few weeks ago Pop came in my dream and made the "time out" sign with his hands like a referee would at a ball game. The next morning I learned both of my parents fell and my grandma (Pop's wife) had been crying on the phone to my mom after she had a few drinks. I guess Pop was warning me in my dream that things were in bad shape with my parents and grandma.

I really could go on and on about all the little ways Pop has contacted me since his passing but I don't want to bore you, however I will share a cool technique that may help you get a sign from your grandma...

I listened to an interview with a psychic medium on a radio show. The medium guided us through a very simple meditation, something like: picture your loved one, feel what it felt like to be in their presence when they were alive, hear their laugh, see their smile, really feel into what it felt like to be in their presence and picture them. Next, think of an item or something that is associated with them, and within the next 24 hours you will be shown that item.

The medium speaking in this interview did this guided, brief meditation for the audience at an on stage event in the past and said that after the meditation concluded, one audience member was in disbelief that this exercise would work...she had thought of her late father and pictured boxing gloves as the item she would associate with him, as her father loved boxing. She whispered to her friend next to her, come on, when am I going to be shown boxing gloves?! In disbelief. After the event everyone got out of their seats to leave and this woman in disbelief was tapped on the shoulder by the lady sitting behind her, she had dropped her keys and asked her if she could reach under her seat...guess what, the lady's keys had a boxing glove keychain on it!

I did this exercise on my own twice while thinking of my Pop, and both times I was shown the item I associated with him within that same day!

It takes a lot of energy for those on the other side to manifest, perhaps unless we naturally have the ability to see apparitions. In my opinion and based on my experiences, my dream state is the easiest time for someone who has passed to get in contact with you. To me, these aren't dreams, they are more like visits...and my Pop is not the only one to visit me....my husband's grandfather whom I'd never met came to me in a dream, along with many others in my life who had passed, old high school friends, my friend's father, ex boss's first love who passed maybe fifteen years before I even began working for her...crazy right? So to me this is proof that we have the ability to receive messages and communicate when our guard is down in our sleep...for me anyway. It has become too common for me to disregard as "just a dream", so now I've accepted that I have this ability of sorts. I believe we all do, it's just a matter of trusting your intuition.