View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:29 AM
45Uberti

Most incredible photo ever taken by mankind

Some of you have probably seen this already, some may not have.

For 11 days the Hubble telescope stared at a seemingly unremarkable patch of sky, compared to half the size of the moon visible from earth, thats how small of a patch were talking here. The results are astonishing http://i55.tinypic.com/r90vvm.jpg in this photo there are an estimated 10,000 galaxies. Every single blotch of light is an entire galaxy filled with billions and trillions of stars each. Imagine if we could see the rest of the sky like this, there would be billions of galaxies! After looking at something like this, there is no way anyone can try and say that there is no life in the universe besides us.

I think its shameful how many religions have a firm belief that there is no life besides humanity in the universe. Their attempts to squeeze the universe within a small compass of reason is no less deplorable. There is nothing more painful for me to watch than the sight of a fully conscientious and intelligent human being defending an obsurdity that even a child could see through, simply because it forms an article of their faith. They are ignorant about the nature of their own consciousness, the unknown entity that inhabits humanity is still enveloped in mystery...