Thread: Blocked ears
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2024, 11:10 AM
Master
[quote=Redchic12]Putting the drops near the entrance may not have the required effect.[quote]
NOrmally, with olive oil for ear wax, I use a tea spoon, then lay on my side for at least 3 mins. You can then feel it go deeper and deeper and then kind of distort sound as it reaches the eardrum.

But since Castor oil is thicker I bought a dropper so I can use that. That way I can get a wee bit deeper but as I lay on my side for at least 3 - 5 mins, it gets warm and thinner. I basically wait for it to reach the eardrum, which you can tell as it distorts/dims sound. It also feels a bit odd, you can actually feel it on your eardrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
You poor thing…….six months! Omg that would drive most of us crazy.
Hope you get relief soon.
Thank you!
First-ever ear infection, and it got me good, haha. It hadn't caused me problems in a while as the treatment of the naturopath worked great! It was almost gone in December but the droplets and cream I had were finished and he didn't tell me to continue with them. Probably thinking it'd continue to heal.
After about a months I began to suspect it going wrong again, ever so slightly.
Thank goodness I went to GP in time (I hope) so it doesn't go from "almost" to "bad".

And you know what I'm VERY happy about?! My eardrum being closed again. After 6 months I can finally go in the shower without covering my left ear!! YAY!
May sound odd, but I'm actually excited about that, hahaha.