View Single Post
Old 15-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That entire dialogue was very funny.

I can prove there is a thing called God...however, I would have to tell the person....sit.
Sit, eyes closed, in a stillness almost beyond anything you could imagine...a stillness
where you are almost not breathing, the mind becomes empty of thought; the atom point, the zero point.
Then, do this for hours...say, 4, 6.
If nothing appears to you...do this over and over each day and then for decades.
[Not that I would have to do this now, but I did...but, if starting from less than zero, meaning doubt, that would be what it might take.]

Sure, a person may get a sudden transcendental experience , often called Cosmic Consciousness, when finally the teeny,
intellectual, pea brain's Doors of Perception* are opened and you 'see'.
You make direct contact with that Omnipresent Spiritual Creative Force of Infinite Intelligence and not just Love but, Bliss.
And then you will walk around like us ...being asked to prove it...

How can we explain being able
To see a World in a grain of sand.
Hold Infinity in the palm of our hand
And Eternity in an hour?

(thank you William Blake)

*Now, this phrase is from Aldous Huxley, Shivani And Cosmic Consciousness, by Dr. Richard M. Bucke around 1898.
Ah, Aldous Huxley and William Blake...I am a huge fan of both!

The Doors of Perception/Heaven and Hell was read until the covers fell off and I also loved the Auguries Of Innocence by Blake.

I haven't read Cosmic Consciousness by Dr. Richard M. Bucke (I must do so) because I was too busy reading The Varieties Of Religious Experience by William James instead.

However, let's do Tomorrow Never Knows by The Beatles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8

"There are things seen and things unseen...and in between are the doors of perception" - Huxley

...and of course, Jim Morrison (Lizard King) thought it would be a great name for his band at the time..."The Doors"...

Aldous Huxley went on to take LSD on his deathbed...what a way to go out...