View Single Post
Old 15-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal_Moon
Hi all,
This is a question which bothers me a lot lately - I often will find I have a 'gut' feeling/reaction to any given situation (example: booked accommodation online for one night when I was abroad, not knowing the place - when I got there I just felt an impending doom feeling and could not go in so had to walk away)

How do you know when to trust these instincts when you suffer with an anxiety disorder though? I often feel anxious about things, have done for years and was diagnosed as having general anxiety disorder as a late teen.

Sit with things longer to clear out the anxiety. Spontaneous intuition will work out well, but its only as good as you are clear. So right now your showing you can be in both so it would turn out as you showed. Sometimes anxiety away from a situation opens intuition, but the closer you move to that space could very well open patterns of old anxiety, because you entering into the experience.

As an example. I booked online a place to stay over seas. I trusted and got there and it turned out to be perfect in everyway. People were shocked that I could find something like I did through an intuitive connection. I have done it a lot for others too, seeking things they believe they would never find.

The other thing that comes to mind is that because your still learning to trust your intuition, the process or pattern could be experience to trust deeper. Meaning everything was right for you as it turned out because you needed to go to another level in yourself without worry it was a conflict of gut versus anxiety. You may have called this type of experience to learn how to keep on trusting. Anxiety is a huge deficit to bridging deeper trust, so you may be doing it this way.