View Single Post
Old 26-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
..."Some of the sexual preferences of Fungi are referred to as Heterothallic. Yes, Heterothallic just like a Heterosexual person. The “male-like” spores seek out the “female-like spores” and upon finding will begin producing their sexual hormones in order to “get it on”, if you will.

...Others are referred to as Homothallic, which means that they enjoy the simplicity of self-pleasure in order to reproduce. Just imagine that every time you self-pleasured, there was the chance of pregnancy!!!

...And to make matters even more complicated, sexual reproduction in the Fungi consists of three sequential stages: plasmogamy, karyogamy, and meiosis. We are talking sex on the nuclear level here, which sounds EXPLOSIVE to me

R6, hahaha You are hilarious! We don't actually know whether mushrooms "feel" anything, but I really do have to applaud the creativity and craft that went into these posts
For your sake, I hope they do enjoy their tasks at hand. And thank you for the interesting facts and making biology lab quite a bit more interesting
Maybe if humanity had 36K sexes, we'd all be much more chilled out and honourable

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke