View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You live in a happier Universe than mine (you wrote: "technically I would say neither do we", and "I strongly suspect 'hate' does not exist"). Maybe because I check the "news" from time to time (?)
I check the news daily..

There is suffering and illness and ill intent towards others happening in our world. Down to the core we, and animals, experience fear and affection, and there's fight or flight.. in activities, in our own minds..

The question if animals are like us is not a correct one I would say. We have one additional characteristic; a developed mind, that is capable of understanding time, of imagining scenarios, consequences. We understand things intellectually above the animalistic instinct.

Hate is intense dislike sustained over a period of time, but at the core just fear or generated anger. When some people say humans know love but animals just know affection they also make a mistake. They think others are 'projecting' their human concepts upon animals but they fail to see those human concepts are mind constructed concepts to begin with..