View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Aiesh that is horrible. 10,000 a year is like working part time at a minimum wage job... also a persons living expenses (with room-mates and no children, which is about as cheap as independent living can get) comes to about 8-10k a year and that's not including much comfort in life.

You ought to find a regular job and work full time, you'll make double what you do now. Also while working a minimum poopy job (yes it's poopy for everybody) use the motivation to look for better jobs on your days off.

pretty much everyday I go to work I'm thinking to myself quietly "man this job sucks, when I get off work today i'm going straight home to apply for more and better jobs!!". Then I just go home and smoke weed, haha, its a tough manual labor job I have so for my body the weed is great. Anyways the point is if a person doesnt smoke weed then they will still be having that great motivation to seek a better job. The minimum full time job has more benefits than a paycheck, it also motivates us to better our life and seek our work purpose. Our soul purpose might be healing, but we can work as an accountant to make 80,000 a year (work purpose) and then donate 50,000 a year to healing people. Sounds crazy, but so does making 10,000 a year and not donating anything.

----

It just seems like a bad idea to me to go from making very little to possibly making even less.

Why not get a part time job and do reiki as a hobby until you have confidence in your ability to make enough money to support yourself?

There is an extra burden of stress when we force ourself to make money off our love/hobby/purpose. It might seem like a good idea to put our back into a corner as a way to ensure we do our best. There is also the karma of that action which may include a little bit of self-hate, and even possibly self-sabotage (apathy instead of adrenaline when the back is up against a wall).

Why on Earth would I go back to a job when I am feeling the urge to follow my calling on a Spiritual path??

As I told before, money is not an issue at the moment because I do have a lot of savings. So, I live comfortably and have no need to go to a job. Been there, done that.

What you are suggesting seems to be coming out of fear. "There is an extra burden of stress when we force ourself to make money off our love/hobby/purpose." I don't know, I have never done it! But I do believe that we should do what is aligned with our truth and seek that and the money will follow. No stress.