Thread: How come??
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 AM
lucidcreator

Hi Linds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay_1177
when i was about 10-16 or 17 I use to Lucid dream ALL the time. Atleast 3-4 times a week. Now I no longer do. Do you think if I try again it will come a little quicker then some one who has never Lucid dreamed before. Why did it stop?

My earliest recollection of lucid dreaming was in the 2nd grade. I so looked forward to my dream state that I would actually go to bed early (my parents must have thought that a bit odd for such a precocious child).

With no warning or understanding, the dreaming stopped. I still don't know why it stopped, and there's a good chance you will never know exactly why yours stopped. The subtle art of lucid dreaming can be disrupted by the most benign shift in your routine or situation. Diet, a major change, bad break-up, puberty, any of these things can affect lucid dreaming.

Years later, after getting back into astral projection and lucid dreaming (both of which I was doing as a child and didn't know it), I began to realize that lucid dreaming can begin again just as subtly as it ended... just give it a nudge.

Some tips... I would encourage you to start journaling if you want to lucid dream again. Keep a pad next to your bedside.. When you first wake up, DONT MOVE.

I repeat.. when you first wake up, keep your eyes closed (or close them immediately), don't move your body, if possible, and calmly and mentally recall any and all details of the dreams you had during the night. If you have a spouse or children, and they are prone to interrupt your morning wake up routine, this might be a challenge. Do the best you can. Otherwise, as you are writing, you will forget details. If you can replay as much as possible while still lying down with your eyes closed, you will be surprised how much you retain.. then put it all on paper.

Before going to bed, tell yourself that you plan to lucid dream. Go to sleep with the intention of doing it.. and you will eventually.

I hope this helps. :)

Peace and

Lucid