View Single Post
Old 14-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi all

I want to become a vegetarian and want to slowly convert to a vegetarian but i have a few problems doing it. I have been researching but it's still so overwhelming and i have no clue what to eat for lunch.

Do any of you have some very easy recipes for lunch, something easy to make and maybe something for a 3pm snack too PLEASE??

Also, i have heard about Spirulina and Chia seeds for breakfast, was wondering how do you use them??

Thank you in advance.

Hey

I'm cutting out fish and becoming fully vegetarian. I can't eat dairy so that isn't a problem.

Chia seeds can be used on porridge or raw soaked oats with a teaspoon of cocoa powder and whatever toppings you desire.

A cookbook The New Vegan by Aine Carlin gives you some ideas for sandwiches if you eat those, mainly based around beans, lemon and other spices. They are delicious!

I've found a recipe to make my own pesto which I can put on spelt pasta and/r potatoes, with added green beans. I will add the link if you're interested.

Spicy bean wraps for lunch go down a treat.

Hummus is also great for wraps and sandwiches.

A basic bean/pea risotto can be taken to work for lunch and heated up (be careful with keeping rice in fridge before heating),

Eggs, if you eat them, provide a good lunch in salad or sandwiches or whatever.

For a decent snack I eat chopped fruit with sunflower or pumpkin seeds and a small amount of coconut or soya cream
Also hummus on rice cakes or gluten free crackers
Nuts
Other biscuits
Dried fruit especially dates

Hope this helps