View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala

But to tell you the truth, I've cried more over losing my family home than I ever have over losing loved ones. I grew up on a farm in the wilderness, and I loved it so much. When we had to move away that farm stayed in my heart forever, every night I still dream of it. Every night! I guess I know that my loved ones are okay and I still see them whenever I want in spirit, but the farm is still there, and I don't know if its going to be okay, and its so close yet so out of reach. Although every night I dream of it and its like I still remember every inch of how it used to be, it feels like part of my soul is still there. It was the greatest times of my childhood on that farm,
really amazing memories, the best memories even. It will always be my home.
Yet I am still hurting because I miss it so much. My trees and my woods that i spent so much time in still call to me, I used to spend hours singing to them and talking to them. No other forests can be the same, they were my friends, no- they were my family, they raised me and i loved them and I miss them a lot. I wish I could go back there just to visit them.
Oh, Ciqala, your longing tugs at my heart! I LOVE that you used to sing to your forest family! I sing to my forest family too! I think they really like it!

What did you sing? If you're okay with sharing this info, I'd really like to hear about what/how you sang to them. Your ability to go back in Spirit if not in body delights me ... I wonder if each time we visit with a loved one/space, do we build a stronger bridge to "go" to them? And I bet your beloved farm misses you too! My wish for you would be that a reunion can take place for you and your childhood home, somehow!
May your memories serve as a powerful bridge!