Thread: Insect Decline
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Lepus

Lightbulb Insect Decline

Hello

I don't think anyone made a thread on this topic so I thought why not make it. And I've read an article in relation to this subject which is all the more reason to share it here with others. There's an analysis by researchers on insect decline. Reports suggests that insects are on decline worldwide because of pollution, habitat loss, over hunting, and global warming. They are certain that within a few decades most of the insect population will go extinct. Likely one third of all insects will be gone globally. Some insects are on decline at a faster rate than others. They believe that butterflies, moths, bees, beetles and aquatic insects will be the first to disappear. Insects play an important part of the ecosystem mainly by providing food for other species, spreading pollen, and controlling pests. All key factors for a biological ecosystem. Insects also play a role in the food chain. Without insects around the world other animals who rely on insects will start to decline and possibly face extinction. We can prevent this by creating a garden without the use of chemicals. It's going to provide a habitat for many insects and other wild animals. Start planting flowers for caterpillars, butterflies, and bees. Make a pile of dead wood for beetles. Beetles are important for eating other insect pests. Build a pond for aquatic insects. Anything that will help beneficial insects from going extinct.

Insect decline could cause 'collapse of nature'

Lepus