View Single Post
Old 19-06-2019, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Had a bit of a download today...or some kind of opening. I'd just like to know if anyone has any information or views they'd like to share regarding ...what i perceived.

I thought of an emotion such as anger ...and put it into its 'Right' and 'Wrong' categories. What you have heard from a teacher or a parent growing up ..oh thats terrible and that's right and thats wrong etc. etc. ...That kinda discourse. So I had a very deep knowing today before or during my meditation or even after that those instructions about anger usually come under the category of
'Morality and Ethics' within civilised society and religions etc. have not been very ineffectual in my life. I say not very ineffectual in my life regarding things like anger. Knowing that anger is wrong but not been able to control or stop that anger etc. based on the knowledge passed down to me of right and wrong etc.

But today I had a download as i say that 'negative' emotions are wrong only in the sense that they lead you or take you away from your centre, the centre of your being. They lead you somewhere for hours. days, lifetimes who knows
And on that basis they are wrong. Not because society doesnt agree or judges this emotion to be unworthy etc. ? Anyone any views on this ?

Hi Joe.

Well said.

I am not going to say that anger isn't bad because lots of bad stuff happens and people get harmed when people get mad. Most people think we have to express our emotions, or otherwise, repress them, but we don't. It's simply true this emotion feels like this, and soon enough it changes and passes away.