View Single Post
Old 19-06-2019, 06:16 AM
Master
Anger is not wrong, it is what we do with anger that may make it right or wrong. It sounds like your upbringing or moral
programming has taught you it is "bad" to get angry, and in American, and some other cultures, most people are afraid of anger.
Actually they are afraid of what can come out of anger. But anger is a natural human emotion.

Anger can be healthy if you find a safe release for it. A sport, a hobby, a physical exercise, or something else that can help you
safely release your anger, might be used on a regular basis. People who don't know how to handle their anger usually have anger
outbursts.

Most people do not know the difference between being aggressive and being assertive. A person who is effectively assertive will
have less aggressive experiences; they most likely will not display anger on a regular basis. But a lot of males will go straight to
being aggressive bypassing being assertive. Being assertive is preferable to being aggressive.

Anger comes from stored up unexpressed feelings. Feelings that were not directly expressed to the target can make a person
agitated, and that agitation can build up and over spill into displaced anger. What I am sharing here is from my experience of having
worked in the healthcare field for many decades. I am now retired but I gathered a large knowledge base and skill base over a period
of more than 40-years.

Anger is not the problem rather the problem is how we fail to handle anger. A psychological model of patho-genisus: An unmet need if
left unmet long enough can become painful, pain if unaddressed can turn into anger, anger can turn into rage, and rage can become a
behavior problem. This is a very general basic view of how emotions can turn into pathology.

I would recommend that you find a healthy, and safe, outlet for your anger. Running or some other type of vigorous exercise works for
lots of people. Stay away from alcohol when you are angry and also stay away from the moralizing when you are angry. Don't lay a guilt
trip on your self because you got angry, rather take some safe option to address it. Learn how to assert your self in a polite way before
the anger builds up; this is a proactive way to decrease your anger. Good luck.