View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Oh my God. Sylvia Browne was such a dreadful person.

If you just examine her body language and the way she talked to people on Montel Williams, it is so obvious. You don't have to be a psychic to know that she went home everyday with the knowledge that she had no abilities, didn't believe anyone had abilities, and was only a hobbyist for metaphysical junk.

Thank you. I was ill for a while back then and watched way too much daytime TV. I saw her often and was appalled every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I wouldn't even give her the benefit of having any psychic ability prior. Someone who not only gets things wrong, but builds a Church in her name, tries to rewrite history and already well developed spiritual and religious concepts based on her "guide", and arrogantly can channel anything at will is such a slap in the face to so many genuine and real psychics.

It's interesting to read some of the reports her former followers have made. There is a ton of stuff online about what a horrible person she was. There is also a lot of supportive stuff. But I figure that where there is that much smoke for that many years, there's a fire somewhere. (Think Lance Armstrong.)

She was also a very, very heavy smoker. If smokers only affected themselves, I'd say go for it, it's your choice. But smoking has seriously damaging effects on everything. How enlightened is that?

And really...that church thing was very, very creepy.